Monday, November 01, 2010

SSRS - Unwanted repeatation of text in other columns if the text is too long

I don't know if anyone else has run into this problem. I have a report that I designed in a table format with several groups. The detail row has a field that has no size limits. The field could basically contain pages of text. It only seems to be a problem when the size of of the field is larger than the size of a page when it is
exported to a PDF.

For some reason when the text is too large and field cannot fit on one page nicely it causes the other fields to repeat its text on the next page.

After hours of googling, I figured out a solution which I thought I should share it. I have used rectangles. I have put in a rectangle where I have placed my field and in that rectange I further placed a textbox and in that I have further pasted my field. This is how it stopped repeatation of text of other columns in case the text is too long to fit in one page.

No comments: