Monday, October 03, 2011

Mutex could not be created

I was getting the following error when I was browsing the web site which was build and published on to the local machine -

Server Error in '/Ea' Application. ----------------- Mutex could not be created.

The workaround I have got for now is:

- If you have visual studio 2005/2008 open, close it
- Go to the ASP.NET temporary folder for v2.0 of the framework
\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0\Temporary ASpNET pages
- Remove the folder for your application (or all of them)
- Reset IIS (on a command line window, >iisreset) [not always needed, but I had to use it sometimes]
- First Browse your page from IE (http://localhost/your app)
- Then reopen Visual studio

And it should work now

I hope it will work for you as it does for me.

No comments: